Hi guys! I’m currently on my study vacation and I have exams starting on the 17th and finishing on the 26th! I can’t wait to finish so I can post a lot more often like I used to! Now that I’m trying to stay up a little later than usual, I was looking for some tips on how to let myself not sleep so early and I came across this list. =) I hope you’ll be able to use them on times where you really need to stay up a little later than usual to do work!
1. Avoid rooms that are overly heated or warm. Open windows to keep fresh air coming in.
2. Splash cold water onto your face.
3. Physical exercise or warm up. You can do a few jumping jacks every 1 hour or so to keep the blood moving in your body.
4. Listen to music. Boring or overly mundane tasks can cause you to tune out. Hence, listening to music can make your brain more active again.
5. Get a laugh. It wakes up your brain. You could do this by watching something funny on YouTube before you start studying.
6. Draw inspiration from somewhere. Sometimes you feel tired because you lack ideas or interests for an activity. As a result, your brain naturally shuts down to prevent you from wasting energy on something non-rewarding.
7. Bright room can make you feel more alert. However for night owls, bright room might decrease your ability to focus. Hence, use a dim room if you are a night owl.
8. Eat nutritious low carbs snacks such as raspberries, apples, oranges or grapefruits. They are great energy boosters and do not take up energy to digest.
9. Obviously ensure that you have had enough sleep. However, don’t sleep too many hours, because too much sleep can cause you to become even more sleepy.
10. Drink coffee but don’t rely overly too much on it as you can develop dependency.
I hope these tips will be able to help you as much as they’ve helped me! Once again, I do have to apologise for not posting very frequently but I definitely will when I find the time again! ♡