Hi everyone! Today I bring to you another lifestyle related post to help boost up your self-esteem and help you feel more comfortable in your own skin! This was a list I came across via onlinecounsellingcollege so I have to give the credit to them! I always love sharing tips I stumble upon online because I personally relate to them and always feel a lot more reassured when I read them, so I want to pass it along to all of you guys! =)
1. It starts with a decision to be your own person. Don’t live your life to please or to impress someone else.
2. Try and grasp the fact that we’re different and have different goals and values, and don’t be swayed by other people who criticise your dreams.
3. Don’t compare your path or journey to someone else’s journey as we start from different places and face different challenges.
4. Be kind, understanding and patient with yourself. Accept that failures and mistakes are a part of everybody’s life. Also, choose to frame mistakes as learning opportunities.
5. You need to root for yourself and seek to be your own best friend. Don’t denigrate yourself in public or when you’re alone.
6. Remind yourself that a weakness can become a strength in time. It takes patience and effort but eventually things change!
7. Make a list of what you’re good at and keep adding to the list. Also, note the strengths that others see and comment on as well.
8. Treat yourself with respect and praise the things that you do well. Don’t write them off as “nothing” or as being “no big deal”.
9. Find ways to dissipate and channel negative emotions. Don’t allow them to dictate the way you start to see yourself.
10. Spend time with those who like you and can see your worth and value, and ignore those who attack you and would like to see you fail.
11. Choose to stand up for yourself and value being more assertive. Also, decide to start to set and then enforce appropriate, healthy boundaries.
12. Admit your mistakes – then learn to laugh at yourself. It helps remove the pressure and the stress of “being perfect”!
I really hope that you’ll be able to take these on board with you and make you feel better if you’re struggling with self-esteem or confidence issues, or maybe you’re having a rough day and need a few pick me ups! Either way, let me know if these were useful and I can’t wait to share more tips in my future posts! =) ♡