Thank you so much Bree, Janice, Miss Dimples, DramaBeautyPop, Betty, Apoorva and Jenn for nominating me for this award! As always, I completely appreciate it! And to everyone who hasn’t already, go check out and read their incredible blogs! ♡
Rules for the award:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 facts about me:
- I’m so afraid to receive any sort of open surgery because the thought of myself being cut open is just terrifying even though I know I won’t be awake through it.
- I’m a really really fast walker when I walk by myself, it looks like I’m in a major rush to go somewhere. I always want to get from A to B as fast as possible, even if it means I’m going to be really early and I’m not quite sure why LOL.
- I never get specific food cravings. o_o I’m always down to eat anything and I’m one of those people who never has any suggestion of food spots (sorry! ><) because I will literally be content going absolutely anywhere!
- I love giving and receiving hugs! ♡
- I don’t like wasting food. I will finish an entire plate even if I’m really full! I’m grateful that I have a big appetite already so it’s not difficult most of the time.
- When I was younger, I had the biggest obsession with Powerpuff Girls. Bubbles was my favourite and my room was very much PPG themed.
- I used to play the Nintendo DS all the time and my favourite game was Hotel Dusk. The sequel is also fantastic.
- Candice Swanepoel is total body goals.
- I have broken one too many umbrellas LOL. They always flip out when it’s windy. =(
- I love going on long car rides. I find them really chill and relaxing!
- It’s hard for me to oversleep. My body naturally wakes up after I have 7 to 8 hours of sleep and when I do, I feel really well rested!
⟣ B r e e
1. What was the most delicious meal you’ve ever had?
Oh this is tough! I’m not the biggest foodie so I’m easy to please when it comes to food. I’d have to say that I was impressed by the pork crackling I had while I was in Hong Kong over the Christmas holidays. It was unbelievably crispy, juicy and tender all at the same time. It totally blows the ones I’ve eaten back at home out of the water.
2. Salty or sweet?
Definitely salty. Since going on a health kick, I’ve been avoiding sugary foods except for on birthdays and other special events but I do eat and prefer the odd fried food on occasion!
3. What was the last makeup item you hit pan on?
I’ve honestly never hit pan on any of my makeup items. I definitely have a few dents in some but none have ever actually touched the bottom of the pan yet! =O I definitely go through foundations a lot more and the last one I finished up was the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation.
4. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
The people. Everyone on here always lifts up my mood and make me smile when I’m feeling down or even when I’m happy, I just love interacting with you guys and getting to know all your interests! =)
5. What’s your best asset?
My friends say it’s my eyes!
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Dried dates. I know they have a lot of nutrition in them but they’re also loaded with sugar at the same time and I always find myself eating one too many. =( I can’t help it though, they’re too good!
7. Square, round or sqround nails? Or other?
I like sqround nails! I feel that round nails don’t suit me because of the natural shape of my nails (they’re already more square in shape) but square nails can hurt especially on the edges so I always round them out a little. =P
8. What was the worst job you ever had?
I’ve only ever worked at my parent’s and I’ve done other volunteering jobs but I wouldn’t consider any of them to be bad at all!
9. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, I do! I’ve had one minor paranormal experience before but I’ve always believed in them.
10. Chocolate or vanilla?
I prefer vanilla flavoured food! =) I also love the scent of vanilla too!
11. Where do you go for style inspiration?
I’m obsessed with Tumblr so I always find great outfits on there but definitely Pinterest is another great place to find some ideas!
J a n i c e ⟢
1. Which character from Harry Potter would you be and why?
Probably Hermione! Who wouldn’t want to be Hermione? =D
2. What would your dream wedding look like?
Aw, I love this question! I want it to be really romantic of course hehe. I would love to have the actual ceremony outdoors, somewhere surrounded by flower gardens and just nature in general. I find outdoor weddings to be so peaceful and feminine! Of course, my family and close friends will be there but I’d want it to be more private, more close knit and not crowded with too many attendees.
3. What’s your dress sense/style? (E.g. girly, tomboy, monochrome, just brights)
I would describe it generally as feminine chic! I don’t wear black clothing too often and I love different styles of dresses when it’s warm but when it’s cold, I’m comfy casual! I love my oversized sweaters and skinny jeans with black ankle booties in the autumn and winter.
4. What do you enjoy blogging about?
I absolutely enjoy blogging about everything! I like taking photos for all my posts and I generally just love putting them together from the actual writing, making the graphics to the editing of all the photos on Photoshop. I love it all! ♡
5. If you could put any ingredients on a pizza, what would they be?
I like really simple, basic pizzas. I feel that any of those special gourmet pizzas that have too many ingredients (especially when they start adding stuff into the crust) are just too overpowering and clash too much. I think plain pepperoni with lots of mozzarella cheese is the best! The pepperoni has to be thin and crispy though!
6. Where is home to you?
Definitely my own bedroom. I always feel relaxed when I’m just laying in my own bed! =D I get really homesick and miss my bed when I’m out for more than a week.
7. If you found $10 in a shopping centre, what would you do with it?
Hm, assuming this is if I didn’t see it fall out of someone’s hands (so I knew I wouldn’t be directly stealing from someone =O) and it was in a random secluded place, I would probably just end up saving it! I know it’d be highly unlikely that it would get returned to the actual owner.
8. Which of these would you do: Sky dive, bungee jump or zip line?
I want to do sky diving the most but I think the least intimidating one is zip lining so I’d say it’d be the one I would actually not be afraid to try first LOL.
9. Have you been to any music festivals? Which ones?
No I haven’t but I’ve always wanted to! =( I’m planning on going this year though, probably to Stereosonic! I’m really looking forward to attending one.
10. What did you do today?
I was catching up on reading, liking and commenting on posts on my following list because I was out all day yesterday and didn’t get a chance to! =P
⟣ M i s s D i m p l e s
1. Spring, summer, autumn or winter?
Spring for me! I love how it’s not too cold or too hot.
2. Top 2 YouTubers?
I did a post on my top 5 but I think my top 2 would have to be Chloe Morello for more classic Western style makeup and Pony from Pony’s Beauty Diary for Korean makeup!
3. Do you like watching horror movies or comedy movies?
I love both! I definitely watch more comedies though. It’s rare to find good horror movies these days!
4. What are your guilty pleasures?
Dried dates hehe. I always eat too many of them!
5. What did you think of the movie 50 Shades of Grey?
I still haven’t seen it yet or read the book so I don’t have an opinion yet! =P
6. Top 3 favourite restaurants?
I honestly don’t even have one! >< I’m not a picky eater (other than the fact that I avoid deep fried or sugary foods on a typical day) so I’m happy to eat at practically every single restaurant!
7. Which one do you like most, Kendall Jenner or Gigi Hadid?
In terms of modelling, I prefer Kendall’s look more. Gigi is beautiful of cousre too but I like Kendall’s more structured and defined face.
8. Celebrity crush?
There’s so many! Dave Franco is a major cutie. His smile is just.. ugh I can’t. ♡
9. Do you think reality TV shows are fake?
I definitely think some, if not most are! There’s no way that all of them aren’t scripted at all. =O
10. What do you like best about being a blogger?
Interacting with all of you guys! Blogging is so incredibly rewarding and I’m glad to have made so many special friendships. ♡
11. Are you excited for summer?
Summer just finished here in Australia and it’s autumn now! I definitely prefer the warmer seasons though so I guess I’m excited for summer to come again at the end of the year hehe.
D r a m a B e a u t y P o p ⟢
1. Which ONE person inspires you the most in life? Why does this person inspire you? How does it inspire you?
Hm, one person is tough! I can’t choose between my Mum and Dad. =( They both inspire me because they’re hard working and have done so much to provide for the family. Whenever I’m feeling lazy and demotivated, I always get reminded of them and the thought of their consistent hard work pushes me to achieve my own goals!
2. What is the best compliment you have ever received? Why is it so special?
Honestly, I think people that have complimented on my writing skills has been so special to me because I’ve always thought that my writing was bad LOL. Since starting up my blog, I’ve been hoping to improve my writing by reading other blogposts and just overall practising by making my own posts! I’ve learned that the best compliments aren’t always the ones based on physical appearance but on our skills and talents!
3. What is your favourite step of doing makeup? i.e. blush, eyeshadow, brow, etc.
I think the most fun would definitely have to be eyeshadow. I love how you can create so many different looks with different colours and textures! It’s just so fun to play around with.
4. Do you consider yourself a follower or a leader? Or both perhaps. Would you change this?
I think I’m both, it varies depending on the situation! If it comes to say group work in a school environment, I definitely seem to take on the role of a leader because I want to do well so I feel the need to make sure everyone knows what they’re doing so we can all ace the task together! =) Otherwise, I can be a follower too in a social setting. I don’t ever have many suggestions when I go out with friends etc. so I just do what they’re doing LOL.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? How about 10 years?
In 5 years, I’m hoping to be working in a job that I totally adore. At the moment, I’m not entirely sure what that will be but I do think I will figure it out by that time. In 10 years, I will hopefully have moved out and possibly be married!
6. Let’s think short term, what would you like to achieve by the end of this year, 2015?
My goal is simple but I’m hoping to just get really high marks in my university course now that I transferred. I feel as though I’ve been given a second chance so I want to do better than I ever have before! =)
7. Some people prefer large mansions, while others are happy with a small country home. Some prefers beach front while others like the busy New York city penthouse life. So tell me, what is your dream home like?
I definitely want my dream home to be in a somewhat quiet area but close to the city, because I also love being surrounded by people – I just need a bit of silence when I’m working on things hehe. Honestly, I would love to live in a relatively large mansion but the view isn’t something that would play a big factor in my dream home! Nothing too ridiculous though because I think it’s necessary to have like 20 rooms in a mansion when there aren’t that many people living inside. I just want a big cozy home!
8. If you had to live off of one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If I had to take into account that my nutrients would be so imbalanced LOL I would pick something like a chicken and quinoa salad. =P Is that cheating? HAHA. If nutrition was not a factor in this at all, then probably pizza!
9. Do you succumb to fear or strive to overcome it?
I definitely succumb to most of my fears but I’ve been working on trying to overcome them! There’s no better feeling than overcoming a fear!
10. Forgive AND forget? OR Forgive but NEVER forget?
I definitely forgive but never forget, but of course it depends on what happened too! If it’s something really minor then I will forget it but if someone has done something serious to hurt me physically or emotionally, then I would probably never forget it.
11. Since this is an “Infinity Dream”, I think it is appropriate to ask, please describe your dream life, in full details. You can get as specific as you’d like. Love, career, life, hobbies, have at it, have fun with it.
What a great question for this award! Hm, well I think everyone in life dreams of just being happy and successful! Well that’s my life goal anyway! I want to live my life to the fullest so that would mean that in terms of love, I’ll be married to my ‘soulmate’ and I’d want to have 3 children. I’m not 100% set on what career path I’d like to take yet but I just want it to be something that I’ll enjoy doing but pays well enough for me to support both my immediate family (giving back to my parents) as well as the family I’ll start in the future. =) Of course, I want to continue blogging on the side of that! I would also love to open up a small business on the side because I’ve always been fascinated in starting my own “brand” so to speak – designing the products etc. is something I’m interested in doing! I think all of these would be my ideal life goals!
- Do you have any piercings and tattoos? What kind and where are they located? If you don’t, do you want any?
- If you could be reborn as any animal, which animal would you choose to be and why?
- What is your most embarrassing moment/story?
- What kind of food/ingredients do you absolutely adore and what do you refuse to eat?
- What is your special, unique talent?
- What is the last thing you made (e.g. DIYs, food, clothing etc.)?
- What is your go-to night out makeup look?
- Who is your favourite actor/actress and what movie that they starred in is your favourite?
- Who is your style icon and where do you seek fashion inspiration?
- What is your number one health tip that you swear by?
- Which year of your life has been the best and why?
Wow, this was a long post but I loved putting it altogether. =) I hope you enjoyed all my facts and answers to the amazing questions I got given! ♡