Thank you so much for the nomination The Modern Lady, Tanya, Desire4Beauty, Kellee, Hayley (Fashion Trinket), Nicole, Beautyammo, Aishwarya, Fiona, Jenna, Katie, Rhia, RamblingMads, Mascara on the Run, Nidhi, Jenny, Hannah, Ingrid, Rolo, Ellen, Rebekah, Muni, Han, Roshni, Cynthia, Beautyfull Dreams and Kirstin! I really appreciate it, as I always do! This is such a great award because you can discover newer blogs with less than 200 followers! =) I’m so fortunate and grateful that I have reached over 200 followers but I still wanted to do the questions anyway as well as nominate and recommend some of my favourite bloggers! ♡
⟣ T h e M o d e r n L a d y ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s
1. What’s your guilty pleasure? YouTube! I can watch videos for hours on end but I feel so guilty because I feel like I’ve wasted so much time! >< 2. Favourite movie? This is such a hard question! One of my favourites would have to be Up though, I love that movie! =) It made me happy, cry and laugh, and I really enjoy movies that make you feel all kinds of emotions! I also really enjoyed the animations and the whole concept of the movie! Generally speaking though I enjoy action, comedy and horror movies! =) 3. What’s your zodiac sign and can you relate to it? I’m a Cancer, my birthday is in July! So after some googling, apparently my strengths are loyalty, dependable, caring, adaptable and responsive whereas my weaknesses are moody, clingy, self-pitying, oversensitive and self-absorbed. Hmm, I think I only relate partially? I’m a very loyal and caring person but I’m definitely not moody, clingy or self-absorbed! 4. What’s something you regret buying? Um honestly, I’m not quite sure. I don’t think I really regret anything because if I purchase something that doesn’t meet my expectations then I like to tell other people to avoid it so they don’t have to experience the same thing! (Just like I do on my blog hehehe!). 5. If you could build your dream house, where would it be? Oh, that’s a hard question too! I think I would probably still stay in Australia close to family because that’s where home is! 6. Mountains or beach? Mountains! I dislike the beach. =( 7. Black and white movies or colour? Definitely colour! To be honest, I haven’t seen any black and white movies because I really value high definition! >< 8. Rolling Stones or The Beatles? The Beatles for me! =) 9. Favourite store to shop at? kikki.K for stationery! =) For makeup though, definitely Priceline! If the Australian Sephora compared to the ones in US/Canada then it would be favourite shop. =P 10. Do you mainly use drugstore makeup or do you tend to go for high end? It’s really a mix of both but I would have to go with drugstore since I use a lot of Korean makeup these days! 11. What’s one thing you’ll never leave home without? Definitely my wallet! If I’m out of the house I’ll normally need it to buy something or travel somewhere.
T a n y a ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s ⟢
1. Do you remember your first make up item? No, unfortunately I don’t remember what it is exactly! =( 2. Describe your perfect mascara, the one that meets all your expectations. One that makes my lashes look like I’m wearing false lashes but still looks very natural! =) Kind of like eyelash extensions! That would be perfection because then I won’t ever need to invest in them hehehe. 3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? Definitely medium to buildable. I want something that is lightweight but can even out my skin tone well and cover any blemishes. 4. Favourite high end brand? This is such a hard question! =( I think I own the most Too Faced products though so I would have to go with Too Faced. 5. Which brand have you always wanted to try, but haven’t? It’s crazy but MAC! 6. Favourite brand ever? So hard! =( I can’t choose, there’s so many brands I love! 7. Do you wear false eye lashes? Only on special occasions! 8. Can you go a day without make up, or do you leave your house with make up all the time no matter where you’re going? I can, but usually only if I’m going to be home all day hehe. If I’m walking the dogs or travelling on a plane then I won’t put on makeup! 9. How often do you shop for make up? Do you like to stock it all up or buy only when you need it? I shop when there are sales on or when there is something new out that I really want to try! To be honest, I don’t really need anymore but makeup is a hobby so I can’t get enough of it hehehe. =) 10. Favourite bath and body brand? Lush! ♡ 11. Do you buy make up because of its packaging or you’re okay as long as the inside product serves you well? I’m ok as long as I know the product inside works well! =) If only the packaging is pretty or cute then I won’t buy it because I feel as though it’s a waste of money!
⟣ D e s i r e 4 B e a u t y ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s
1. What’s your favourite place to be? Honestly I really enjoy just being in my own room! 2. Coke or pepsi? Coke, even though I don’t drink soda anymore! =P 3. What’s your favourite makeup brand? I can’t choose! >< 4. When you were younger what did you say you wanted to be when you grow up? A singer! I was so sure that I would be an international pop star! 5. What made you decide to start blogging? I wanted to do something fun during my university break and share my interest in makeup! It’s also something that I’ve always wanted to do! 6. What’s your favourite store? Out of every store, I would have to go with kikki.K! It’s like my own version of a candy store hehe. They have the cutest stationery ever and I go a bit crazy when they have sales on! I don’t really buy anything when there aren’t any deals on because it’s quite pricey! 7. If you could have a meal with one person of your choice who would it be? Hm, I really don’t know. Actually probably Jackson from Kpop group GOT7, he is so good looking but he’s also quirky and funny hahaha! ♡ I think it would be a really fun meal! 8. What is your favourite area? Makeup, hair or fashion? I would have to go with makeup although it’s a tough choice! 9. What is your favourite season? Definitely spring hehehe. I love how it’s not too hot but not too cold and all the flowers bloom during this time! So pretty! =) 10. What’s your favourite blog? I really don’t have one favourite! It would take days for me to list all my favourite blogs!
K e l l e e ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s ⟢
1. Why did you start blogging? I wanted a platform for me to share my interest in makeup and beauty. It’s also something I’ve always wanted to do and since I’m on university break, I thought it was the perfect time for me! 2. How long have you been blogging? It will be a month really soon! 3. Which social media platform do you use the most for your blog? I’ve only connected by blog to Tumblr but I don’t really use it as a social media platform. =P 4. Do you have a favorite post? If so, link the post. I love so so many posts, I really can’t choose! 5. How often do you post? At the moment, every single day because I have the time to! =) I know that once university starts, it will be really difficult so by that time I am going to post as much as I can. I’m hoping for at least 3 times a week! 6. What is your favourite makeup product? I can’t choose a specific makeup product but I think in general eyeliner and lip tints! 7. What is your favourite skin care product? Definitely my Nature Republic aloe vera gel! It is amazing stuff! Check out my review for more information on it! 8. What is your favourite hair care product? I enjoy using deep conditioners and treatments most! 9. If you could change on thing about yourself, what would it be? I definitely wish I could be more confident. I have my days but for the most part, I’m a really doubtful person. =( 10. Do you have any hobbies? Yes! I enjoy exercising and watching YouTube videos. Blogging is also one of my absolute favourite hobbies! 11. Do you have any pets? Yes! I have two dogs and a lot of fish. =P
⟣ H a y l e y ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s
1. Favourite band? Of all time it would probably be K-pop band Big Bang! 2. Favourite candy? I really enjoy Japanese candies. Especially strawberry flavoured! Otherwise I’m more of a chocolate person. 3. Kardashians…love them or hate them? I’m in the middle LOL. I don’t hate them but I don’t love them either! 4. Beauty product you can’t live without? BB cream! I need it in my life. 5. The skort…brilliant idea or just a bit silly? I love skorts! I think they’re brilliant. You don’t need to worry about the wind accidentally blowing your skirt up LOL. 6. What are your top three hobbies? Exercising, blogging and watching YouTube videos! 7. City/country that you’d love to visit? Tokyo, Japan! I really want to go to Disneyland. 8. Fifty Shades of Grey.. awesome or too much hype? Hm, I’m on the fence about it. I think it’s alright! I really want to see the movie though and I haven’t read the book either so I can’t have too much of an opinion on it! 9. Flats or heels? I LOVE heels but for everyday, definitely flats! I only wear heels on special night outs because my feet would be so dead if I wore them everyday. 10. Beach vacation or city break? City break definitely. I’m not a fan of the beach! 11. Favourite item of clothing? Definitely dresses! I can’t have enough of them! =P
N i c o l e ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s ⟢
1. Who is your icon? This might sound bad but I don’t really have one to be honest!
2. What is your number one beauty product that you would recommend? Definitely Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream. I can’t rave enough about it, it’s completely changed my base makeup game. 3. Are you a high street or designer blogger? I think these are UK terms but I assume I’m a high street blogger? That means department store right? LOL so sorry if I got that completely wrong. >< 4. Where do you see yourself in five years time? Graduated from university and being really happy in a full-time job. I also definitely want to continue blogging because it’s been so great and I don’t want to ever let it go! 5. What’s a random fact about you that not many people know? I took ballet dancing lessons for one day when I was really really young. I ended up quitting because I bawled my eyes out when I couldn’t find my Mum after I finished so I was too traumatised to come back LOL. 6. When did you start blogging and why? I started about a month ago and I did so because I really wanted to share my interests in makeup. I also wanted to interact with more people with the same passion! 7. What is your day job? I help out at my parent’s real estate! 8. What is your statement fashion piece? Dresses are my absolute favourite! =) 9. What was your favourite subject at school and why? It was Maths because I enjoyed solving problems and I did well in it! 10. If you was the last person on earth and one other celebrity was left with you, who would it be and why? Daniel Henney because you know.. 😉 HAHAHA totally kidding but seriously though. =P 11. What’s your favourite fashion trend of SS15? I had to search this up on Google but I’m glad denim is coming back! I saw some off-shoulder dresses too which I really love. They’re sexy yet conservative at the same time because you don’t necessarily show off too much skin! =)
⟣ B e a u t y a m m o ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s
1. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? If I didn’t have to worry about having a horrifically unbalanced diet, probably chicken breast (wow protein overload LOL). 2. If you could give one piece of advice to yourself ten years ago what would it be? “Don’t be so caught up about what everyone thinks about you! Just be yourself.” =) 3. What is the magazine you buy the most? Honestly, I never buy magazines. I used to buy them from the Easter Show when I was in high school and back then I would buy Girlfriend or Dolly. 4. What is your worst pet peeve? Impolite people, I really dislike it when people are disrespectful to others and don’t have common courtesy! 5. If you could be any age for a day what age would you be? I would probably be 12 again LOL, I had so much fun during that age. 6. Favourite animal? Lions! 7. What was the last make up product you used? Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. =) 8. What would you get rid of in the world? Violence! There’s too much of it and it’s saddening. =( 9. What is your favourite perfume? I haven’t tried that many but the one I’ve been using for so many years is Vera Wang Princess. 10. What is your favourite season? 100% spring.
A i s h w a r y a ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s ⟢
1. What is your greatest fear? I’ve mentioned it multiple times but it’s definitely failure! 2. Which is your favourite getaway? I think just going anywhere with good company is the perfect getaway! =D I think it’s more about the people you’re with than the place. 3. If you could turn invisible for one day, what would you do? Hm, I have no idea! LOL if it was only for one day, I’d probably be sneaky and spook people out. 4. Who is your role model? I think my peers. Everyone around me is constantly working hard and as a whole, they’re all my role models! I aspire to be like them. =) 5. What is your hobby? Other than blogging, working out is a huge hobby of mine. Especially weightlifting! 6. E-book or real book? Nothing beats the real deal. It’s so much easier on the eyes too! 7. MS Word or pen and paper? I’m a fan of the old pen and paper. I do love typing too but there’s something relaxing about actually writing things down on paper. 8. Who is your favourite singer? This is so tough, I have many. I’ll name a few: Usher, Ne-Yo and Bruno Mars. 9. Choose: being the last person on earth or internet less world? This is the worst question I could ever have to think about. =( I guess I would go with an internet less world because if there was no one else using the internet then it would be quite boring right? I wouldn’t be able to interact with anyone on WordPress! =O =O =O 10. One song that ignites an old memory? Definitely Friends Forever by Vitamin C. It’s such a bittersweet song for me! 11. Which language would you like to learn? I want to learn Korean so I can watch all of their reality TV/game shows without any subtitles, which also means I don’t have to wait for subs too! =P
⟣ J e n n a ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s
1. Why did you start your blog? I wanted a creative outlet and I was just looking to start something new and different for the new year. I’m so glad I decided to start! =) It’s been such a great journey so far! 2. What makes you smile? This is so cheesy but my family and friends never fail to make me smile! 3. What is one of your talents? I can do my makeup! =) 4. Who is a hero in your life? Another cheesy answer but my parents. They’ve worked really hard to get to where they are now so they’re heroes in my eyes! 5. What is a great memory from your past? A fun memory was when my friends and I would play our own version of ‘Silent Library’ during Photography classes in high school. It was hilarious! 6. If the sky’s the limit, what would you like to do next? I really want to go to space sometime in my life, I’m hoping that it will be easy and safe to do during my lifetime! I think it would be the most incredible experience. 7. What is your favourite season of the year? Spring! I love everything about it – the weather, the fashion, the scenery! 8. What is a piece of advice you would like to share? If there’s something you really want to do, go for it! Don’t let anyone or anything hold you back. You will either succeed or fail but you won’t ever know until you try! 9. If you have some spare time, what do you do? I like to blog of course hehe but other than that, I just like to lay in bed and go through Tumblr or watch YouTube videos to relax. 10. Do you prefer a home-cooked meal, or to go out to a restaurant? Home-cooked is always the best! It’s just a lot healthier because you know exactly what goes into it! It’s also more comforting to eat in. =) 11. What do you do to make others feel better? I try to make them laugh and reassure them that everything will be fine! It definitely depends on the situation and why they’re feeling upset though!
K a t i e ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s ⟢
1. What’s your all time go to beauty product? Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream, for sure!
2. Do you have any goals you wish to fulfil? If so what are they? Yes! It’s always important to have goals to work towards. At the moment, I’m focusing on getting the highest grades in university. 3. If you could choose any place to live where would it be? I honestly would stay where I am! Sydney, Australia. It’s just where home is for me. 4. What place have you recently travelled to? The last place I was at was Hong Kong but during that trip I also went to the US and Canada. 5. What’s your favourite pass time? It’s a toss between blogging, watching YouTube videos and working out! 6. Do you like to read books? If yes, what’s your favourite book? I do like to read books but I always forget to so I don’t have a specific book that’s my favourite! 7. What is one thing none of your reader’s know about you? I was born with blonde hair! 8. What would be your favourite food to eat? You can never go wrong with Japanese food! =D 9. What shop do you like to shop in for clothes? I like to shop online on Asos or YesStyle! 10. What shop do you like to shop in for beauty products? Priceline for drugstore makeup, Myer or Mecca Cosmetica for high-end makeup and eBay for Korean makeup! 11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? I will be working in a financially stable job that I enjoy doing and also keeping up with my blog on the side of that! =)
⟣ R h i a ‘ s Q u e s t i o n s
1. What was your first blog post? It was just an introductory post, welcoming everyone to my new blog hehe. 2. What gives you inspiration for your posts? Honestly, I just randomly think of things but normally reading other people’s blogs or when I’m browsing Tumblr or Pinterest, I get inspired by all the amazing pictures! 3. If there was a zombie apocalypse, what three people would you choose to be on your team? This is so tough! Honestly, probably my parents and my brother (my whole family). I know it’s kind of stupid because of the chance that you’d have to watch your family go but I’d want to be there with them until the end. =) 4. What app do you use the most? Facebook Messenger or WordPress. =P 5. What is your biggest achievement? This is tough! Hm, I think opening up my blog was a huge achievement for me because I was putting it off for a long time but I finally bit the bullet and decided to start it up. 6. If you could design any day, how would you spend it? I’d spend it with my family during the day and my friends during the night LOL. I’m not about the company than the place when I’m out. 7. Your staple beauty product/item? Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream. I always need some sort of coverage on my face to feel more confident in my own skin and the BB cream is so lightweight that it feels like skin and I don’t feel cakey with it on at all. 8. How often do you go shopping? Usually when there are sales on but at the very least, about once a fortnight! 9. Who in your life gives you hope and happiness? My family and friends! =) 10. If you could see into the future of your life, what would you hope had happened/what you had achieved? I would just hope that I’m 100% happy and successful in every aspect of my life including my love life, career, children, hobbies etc.! I hope that I would’ve made good and thoughtful decisions in life. 11. Favourite things about blogging? It’ll always be the people on here! =)
F a c t s A b o u t M e !
- I used to play piano when I was very very young but I really hated practising and my parents got frustrated so I quit after 2 years LOL.
- When I was young, my dream was to become a singer! I did singing lessons for about 2 years as well during high school.
- I am really afraid of sharks. Just thinking of being in a situation where a shark is circling me absolutely terrifies me! =(
- I’m an open book but if you don’t ask, I won’t tell! =P I really rarely tell people personal things about myself unless I’m 100% comfortable doing so but if you ask then I will always be honest and genuine!
- I used to be a huge video gamer! I still do play sometimes but I’m caught up with other things so I don’t play as much anymore! =( But I was really into FPS and MMORPGs!
- High school was the greatest time of my life! A lot of people hate it but I really miss it, I have so so many fond memories!
- I have no recollection of this but my parents told me that in first grade, my best friend at the time bit me really hard and left me with a really big bruise/bite mark on my arm!
- I’m a deep sleeper, I can sleep through all noises and sounds except for my alarm!
- I only have my earlobes pierced! The only other piercings I want are the tragus and bellybutton but I’m afraid to get them done! I don’t like needles! =(
- My blood type is O+! I only found out a few months ago hehehe.
- I had to drink carrot juice once every weekend for a majority of my life (it stopped at the end of 2014) because my Mum wanted us to have exceptional eyesight. It was so bad tasting that I now refuse to eat carrots unless they’re boiled in stews. Thankfully, we have green juices now instead which are much much better!
M y N o m i n e e s
M y Q u e s t i o n s
- If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you had to get rid of all of your eyeshadow palettes except for one, which one would you keep?
- What is an upcoming movie that you really want to see?
- Would you rather have no eyebrows or eyelashes (and having tattooed/drawn on brows or fake eyelashes aren’t options around it!)?
- What fashion piece do you think everyone should own at least one of?
- What phone do you own and what is your favourite app on it?
- If you could have one superhuman ability or power, what would you choose?
- Who is your hero?
- Are you a dog or a cat person? What is your favourite breed?
- If you could go in a time machine and go back to any time in your life, would you? What would you change about that time?
- If you could dye your hair any colour, what colour would you pick?
Wow, this was such a long post! I hope you guys didn’t get bored reading this! If you even made it this far, I am so surprised! =P I hope all of you nominees enjoy answering the questions I wrote out for you hehehe. I tried to make them somewhat interesting! ><