Wow, thank you Anabel for this nomination! I only started blogging a few days ago and I’m absolutely grateful to be nominated for an award already. I would have never expected this. Thank you so much and everyone go check out her blog! ♡
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate seven blogs
⟣ A n a b e l
1. What do you wear on a lazy day?
Dresses! They’re so easy to throw on and you don’t have to think about it. If it’s a little chilly then I’ll just carry a cardigan with me. =)
2. What is your favourite piece of jewellery?
Definitely the sentimental pieces! I would have to say my absolute favourite is the Tiffany necklace that my closest friends bought me for my 18th.
3. What is your comfort food?
May seem weird but nuts! I like peanuts, cashews and almonds hehe.
4. If you had to eat fast food, which joint would it be?
5. Where do you see yourself in the future?
Continuing to be a regular blogger and start YouTube! But career wise, becoming a clinical psychologist.
6. What is your go-to nail polish right now?
OPI’s Privacy Please. It’s a translucent pink colour but it makes your hands look really clean and you don’t have to be neat with it. It’s easy to put on and matches with everything! =)
7. What is your go-to hairstyle right now?
I wear my hair down 99% of the time but if my hair isn’t looking too great, then a side braid!
8. What show are you watching?
Currently Pretty Little Liars and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The other shows I watch are on break right now and I can’t wait for new seasons to start!
9. What is your favorite music genre?
R&B for sure.
10. Do you have a best friend?
Yes! I love her a lot, we’ve been friends for 10 years. ^^
S h a u d a e ⟢
1. What is the nickname given to you by your family members?
For my parents, it’s the Mandarin equivalent of “little sister” which is “Mei Mei” hahaha. Otherwise they just call me Jennifer!
2. What is your favourite meal?
I’m a health nut so it’s actually grilled chicken breast in garlic with fresh baby spinach leaves.
3. What is your favourite book?
I recently finished a book called “Blood Bound” by Rachel Vincent, which was really interesting! I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite book but it’s the most recent book I read that I really enjoyed! =)
4. What is your favourite movie?
I have a lot of movies that I love but one of my favourites is Up! =)
5. What is your every day make-up routine?
It kind of changes everyday but it will always include BB cream, powder, blush, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick/lip tint!
6. How many hours do you spend on your phone?
Wayyy too long! LOL hm, if I’m not on my laptop then I’m on my phone a lot. I haven’t ever calculated how many hours though but I would say probably around half the day.
7. Which quote inspires you daily?
“Strive for progress, not perfection”!
8. What is your main reason for blogging?
I wanted to share my interest in makeup! I also wanted to connect with people more since I’m not that social in real life.
9. What is the first thing you do in the mornings?
Go to the toilet to be honest HAHAHA.
10. When are you most relaxed?
When I’m at home, laying in my own bed hehehe.
⟣ R a i n e
1. If you could do anything right now, what would it be?
Skydive! It’s on my bucket list and I totally want to get over my fear and just go do it!
2. Europe or Mexico?
Europe! =) I haven’t been before but it looks breathtakingly beautiful and I’d love to visit every city!
3. What does your perfect day look like?
Just waking up on the right side of the bed and spending time with family or friends with absolutely nothing to stress about! It doesn’t even matter what we’re doing hehe, the right company makes everything perfect!
4. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
Oh, this is tough! I would honestly go to any year between 2008 and 2010. They were the best times of my life, I was in an amazing group of friends and school was not stressful at all!
5. What is your favourite book?
Currently it’s the book I finished reading not long ago, “Blood Bound” by Rachel Vincent.
6. University or life experiences, which do you feel best prepares you for life?
Oh this question is so deep, I love it! Honestly I think life experiences prepares you best. A lot of people with their university degrees end up not even doing things related career wise. Life experiences help build up people’s strengths and really opens their mind to how tough the real world is. That’s what really prepares you for anything, not just some writing on a piece of paper!
7. What are your goals in life?
It’s generic but I just want to be successful! I’m at a point in my life where I’m still unsure 100% of what I want to do. I’ve just set up my career goals because I feel like I have to so I can be working hard towards a goal but really I’m someone that takes life as it goes. I just want to be successful in the end, no matter how long it takes! =)
8. How would you describe yourself?
I think I’m a friendly and kind person. I always make sure that everyone around me is happy and feels safe. I’m really loyal! If you’re my friend, you’re mine and I will take care of you! =)
9. Tell me about your childhood?
I had an amazing childhood. I was an overweight kid hahaha but I felt like I had the world in my hands. I was always really happy and loved playing around with my friends. I had a huge obsession with cartoons/anime, Pokemon was my everything! I would always be playing games, smiling and goofing around! I was also very shy at the time!
10. Give me 3 things always inside your bag.
Phone, keys, wallet!
M a r l e n e ⟢
1. We Heart It or Pinterest?
Pinterest! I don’t have We Heart It but I should totally create one!
2. Tea or coffee?
Tea (especially green!), I never drink coffee. =P
3. Favourite movie of all time?
4. Cats or dogs?
This is hard! I’d have to choose dogs though because I’ve grown up with them! =)
5. Indoors or outdoors?
Probably indoors hehe.
6. Long or short hair?
Long! I’ve spent most of my life with short hair despite looking absolutely horrible with it so I’ll never go back now. =P
7. Sunshine or rain?
Sunshine! =) I like the rain only when I’m inside.
8. Fruit or veges?
Definitely fruit! I love veges but fruits are more satisfying in my opinion.
9. Favourite makeup product?
Ah, I can’t pick one! >< I think I have the most fun playing around with different lip products though.
10. Favourite colour?
No surprises here, it’s pink! =)
⟣ E m w i l l s
1. What is your food heaven and food hell?
Heaven would probably be all healthy nutritious food! Hell would be anything in the ‘weird’ territory like cockroaches, tarantulas or balut etc.
2. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they?
Yes! I have 2 dogs, one is an Australian silky terrier named Rambo and the other is a German shepherd named Viva. I also have a lot of fish!
3. When was the last time you laughed so hard that you cried?
I can’t remember the exact last time because it happens quite often LOL but I would say probably the other day! =P
4. What is/was your favourite school subject?
It was surprisingly Maths. I loved doing Maths!
5. What is/are your beauty essential or essentials?
My absolute essentials are BB cream, blush, mascara and lipstick/tint!
6. Where was the last place you went on holiday/vacation?
It was during Christmas break, I was in Canada, the US and Hong Kong for a total of 16 days!
7. What do you prefer – the city or the countryside?
I’m definitely more of a city girl. I do love to visit the countryside once in a while though!
8. If you could meet any celebrity who would it be?
I really want to meet Adriana Lima to be honest! She has such a cool personality and I’m curious to see how beautiful she is in person! (Does that sound creepy.. it totally does LOL).
9. What is the last book you read?
The last book I read was Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent and I enjoyed it a lot. I thought the entire idea behind the book, its characters and the storyline were fantastic!
10. What 3 items would you want if you were alone on a desert island for a fortnight?
If I could somehow get to food and water supplies then I would bring a video camera to take both videos and photos (I want to vlog my experience and take some memorable pictures!), a gaming console (probably a 3DS with Pokemon hehe) and a Swiss pocket knife (need to be somewhat practical right!). I was considering bringing my laptop but then I realised there’s no wi-fi. =O
C a t s t e l l o ⟢
1. What are you currently working towards? (Life goals)
I’m currently working on finishing my degree and then finding a financially stable job (due to transferring uni degrees, I’m still unsure exactly what I want to become!). I also want to start my own business sometime soon to see how that works out for me! =)
2. What’s the story behind your blog title?
I came up with Dorkchops when I was a junior in high school and it became my online alias. Because Dorkchops itself was taken, I added ‘world’ to it because my blog is about all the things I enjoy!
3. If you had to lose one sense which one would it be?
I think hearing! I’m a really visual person so I would definitely want to be able to see. I also think touch is important too. I would be miserable if I couldn’t taste anything and since smell is related to that, I guess that leaves hearing!
4. What’s the one skill you wish you had or are planning to obtain?
Right now, I’m still learning to drive to get my provisional permit! I’m also planning on learning how to program! I think it would be super cool to know how to program some phone apps etc.
5. Who would be in your supergroup? (i.e. pick a lead singer, guitarist, drummer & so on)
This is such a cool question! I honestly don’t listen to that many bands though, mainly solo artists so it’d be too difficult for me to pick out members other than the lead singer! =(
6. Which television character would you like to hang out with the most & why?
Blair Waldorf LOL. I just loved her character in Gossip Girl and I think she would just be absolutely hilarious to hang out with.
7. How hot do you like your Nando’s?
I love spicy food but not too too extreme so just hot!
8. What do you do when you’re upset? How do you change your mood or move past it?
Honestly, I’m someone who bottles up my emotions, which is bad because letting it out actually helps a lot! I usually just do whatever I can to take my mind off things though so listening to music or just going outside to get some fresh air!
9. Which trend would you like to see make a return?
Hm, this is a tough one for me to answer because I’m definitely into more simple looks that aren’t too out there. ><
10. What’s your favourite meal?
I love really classic meals. Some roasted chicken with a side of sweet potato mash and veggies is scrumptious to me! =)
1. What is a random fact about you that not many people know?
2. Do you read? If so, what kind of novels are your favourite?
3. What is your lazy day makeup routine?
4. What object is closest to your right?
5. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
6. If you won $10 million, what’s the first thing you would purchase?
7. What is your proudest achievement?
8. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
9. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind of animal, what breed and what are their names?
10. If your house was on fire and all your loved ones were guaranteed to be safe (including pets!), what 3 items would you take with you?
Happy answering! Can’t wait to hear what you guys have to say! ^^